If you know me, you know my theory on diapers vs. potty. If you don’t know me, here’s the deal. I think diapers are WAY easier than the potty.
- I’ve got a little girl, and maybe things are different for boys who can essentially find a clean place to pee anywhere…this is not the case for my little A who has to contend with disgusting public bathrooms wherever we go. (Why are women’s bathrooms SO gross…)
- I can’t leave the house before she makes pee pee on the potty…that means I can’t leave the house when I’m ready. I have to wait for HER….I’m not the patient type.
- An errand that used to take 5 minutes pre-baby, then took 1 hour with a diapered baby, now takes at least an hour and a half since we have to make at least 1 trip to aforementioned disgusting bathroom…this is costing me more money b/c an extra half an hour in Target means I buy more…don’t lie, you do too…
- These first few weeks, we’re stuck in the house or close to the house and it is driving me bananas!
- I already clean up pee and poop accidents from my dog…I don’t want to clean up more pee and poop than I already do.
So, last Friday Miss A decided that she would never again put on a diaper. She has told me “no diaper” before, but this time was different. This time when I told her that she could never wear a diaper again, she said ok and went to go pee pee in the potty. She hasn’t turned back since. Sure she’s had some accidents…like when she was hanging out naked playing in my car and she pooped, or when we visited our cousins and she pee’d on their floor and thought it was the funniest thing ever, or when she started to pee on the floor of the living room then realized and ran to the potty by herself, or when she went to the potty herself and forgot to pull down her undies!
Miss A, you are doing a fantastic job at potty training! Mommy & Daddy are so so proud of you. You have really made this process that Mommy was deading, not so terrible! We might complain about being stuck home, but we are so happy that you feel confident enough to take on this challenge when you are ready! It makes us very happy to know that when you are ready to do something, you go for it! We are here for you, and don’t get discouraged by the accidents, you are doing wonderful. Our sweet, smart, sassy, wonderful little girl….we love you more than all the sand on the beach!
Have you ever seen such an adorable potty girl?!?!
Any other mommies that are potty training, you can see in these photos some of our must have items for this endeavor. We love the Baby Bjorn potty. It has the least amount of parts to clean and keeps our new clean bathroom looking as un-babified as possible. We also have been using Pampers Pull Ups for naptime and nights. We call them “Princess Panties”…and I’m thanking my refusal to let her watch Dora the Explorer for the fact that she thinks that Dora is a princess!
We just bought a portable potty for beach, car, horrible gross bathroom trips…but we haven’t broken it out yet…we’ll see how that goes!