Baby D is really into eating by himself these days. He does a pretty good job of eating everything I put down for him, but he still eats anything I feed him on a spoon too! Reality here is that some nights I’m too tired to cook! Miss A is good with a jelly sandwich or some noodles, but Baby D isn’t quite there yet, and I’m also trying to be better at offering him nutritious delicious food so he fights me less when he’s bigger! Just a little experiment in the Mommy game. I’m sure he’ll eat nothing but french fries and cheese sticks one day! But I’m nothing if not persistent!
Since I do like to have various jars of food in the house to feed Baby D when I don’t want to cook fresh lunch or dinner, I decided that some artichokes might be a fun flavor for him to try next! This was super simple to throw together, and reminded me of something that we might eat with any mediterranean inspired dinner I might prepare.
Makes approximately 4 4oz jars
- 1 bag of artichoke hearts (I used Trader Joes)
- 2 teaspoons good olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed, or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (if making for baby, skip the salt)
- Boil frozen artichokes to thaw & heat through.
- Strain and put artichokes and other ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Process until smooth
Happy baby food making! Hope everyone enjoys their weekend. Ours is a busy one, but I’m hoping to get to make the kids some finger foods this week!